Sale National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Sale Victoria and you are invited.
Sale, a picturesque town located in the beautiful Gippsland region of Victoria, Australia, is home to a plethora of exciting and culturally significant events that locals and tourists alike can enjoy throughout the year. Whether you’re a history buff, a foodie, or a nature lover, there’s something for everyone in Sale.
Here are some nationally or globally recognised annual events you can observe in and around Sale:
1. Sale Pro Rodeo: One of the biggest and most popular events in Sale, the Sale Pro Rodeo is held in March every year. This thrilling spectacle sees cowboys from all over Australia and the world competing in a range of events, from bull riding and bronco riding to steer roping and barrel racing.
2. Gippsland Lakes Art Prize: Held annually in May, the Gippsland Lakes Art Prize is a celebration of local and national art. The prize attracts entries from around Australia, with artists competing for the $5,000 cash prize. Exhibited works include a variety of mediums, including painting, sculpture, and photography.
3. Sale Botanic Gardens Winter Light Festival: In June, the Sale Botanic Gardens are illuminated with beautiful light displays during the Winter Light Festival. The festival features live music, food stalls, and activities for all ages, making it a great way to experience the beauty of the gardens after dark.
4. Sale Cup: Held on the last Wednesday in October, the Sale Cup is one of the most prestigious horse racing events in Victoria. The race day attracts thousands of racegoers each year, who come to enjoy the sunshine, socialising, and, of course, the horse racing.
5. Sale Show: Also held in October, the Sale Show is a family-friendly event that showcases the best of agricultural and farming life. The show features exhibitions, competitions, and displays of livestock, as well as carnival rides and live entertainment.
6. Sailfish Regatta: For water sports enthusiasts, the Sailfish Regatta is a must-see event held annually on the Gippsland Lakes in November. The regatta sees teams from around the country competing in a range of sailing events, including the famous Sailfish Cup race.
7. Genoa Peak Jazz Festival: Fans of jazz music won't want to miss the Genoa Peak Jazz Festival, an annual event held over the New Year's Eve period. Nestled in the hills south of Sale, the festival features top-notch Australian jazz musicians and attracts visitors from near and far.
8. New Year's Eve Sale: Sale's New Year's Eve celebrations are some of the biggest in Victoria. The town comes alive with fireworks, live music, and street performers, offering a fun and festive way to ring in the new year.
Sale is one of the most vibrant and culturally rich towns in Victoria, with a range of nationally and globally recognised annual events that celebrate everything from agriculture and horse racing to art and music. These events showcase the beauty and diversity of the Gippsland region and are well worth experiencing if you're visiting Sale or the surrounding areas.